Careers & Jobs
Swimming Teaching Roles - Part Time and Full Time
We're always looking for the talented swimming teachers, who not only have good technical abilities but a true love of teaching. If you are excited about the idea of 1-2-1 and small group lessons, are genuinely interested in swimming and enjoy helping clients of all ages achieve their goals, then we would love to talk to you.
Current opportunities exist for Swimming Teachers and Swimming Co-ordinators in a number of locations. For all roles the minimum requirements are:
- A true love of swimming with a friendly caring personality
- SwimEngland (ASA) Level 2 or STA Full Swimming Instructor Qualifications (or the equivalent international qualification)
- Experience of swimming teaching
- A recognised pool rescue award (preferable)
We offer swimming teachers a rewarding opportunity to work with us:
- Lovely working environment in private/hotel pools
- A variety of motivated regular clients
- Plenty of teaching with hours to suit (generally afternoons/evenings and weekends)
- Competitive earnings
- Creative freedom to tailor sessions while working within the SwimEngland National Plan
- Staff discounts at our web-shop (theswimmingshop.com)
- Minimal administration (our team deal with all the customer bookings and queries) so you can concentrate on teaching
Swimming Coordinators - £20,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience
SwimExpert is looking for high-quality Swimming Coordinator/s to join our team who will be responsible for day-to-day operations at a number of venues.
We are keen to appoint an ambitious person/s to add to our team of coordinators. We are looking for results-driven, strategic thinkers with leadership qualities to help us grow and maintain standards.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be innovative and creative. Ideally, the applicant will be based in or around the Berkshire area.
The role/s are full time although we’re open to obtaining and building a part time role for the right applicant (salary to be prorated).
Responsibilities will include:
· Manage, develop and monitor the implementation and administration of the Learn to Swim programs
· Co-ordinate the efficient and effective deployment of the team, to meet the customer and business needs
· Mentor and develop all swimming teacher/coaches by implementing staff training and induction sessions
· To successfully meet KPI targets
· Monitor and maintain relevant health and safety, employment and safeguarding legislation
· Help to develop and implement ideas and improvements to our ways of working to both increase revenue and customer retention
· To teach and lead by example
· Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Able to make decisions and solve problems
· ASA/Swim England/STA Level 2 or equivalent qualification and knowledge of learn to swim teaching pathways
· Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme
· Understanding of relevant health and safety and employment legislation
· Experience advantageous but not necessary
· UK Full driving licence
· Microsoft office - working knowledge
Swimming Teachers - competitive rates of pay
We are actively seeking teachers (flexible days/times from just 2 to 35 hours per week) in:
Maidenhead (Tuesday & Saturday)
Yateley (Saturday & Sunday)
Windsor (Monday/Friday & Sunday)
Newbury (All days)
Chatham (Tuesday/Wednesday & Sunday)
If you are not in the above areas, do still contact us as we are growing rapidly and other opportunities may arise at short notice.
If this sounds like something you would like to know more about then please get in touch as soon as possible for a chat.
To apply for either the swimming teacher or swimming coordinator roles please complete the contact form below stating which role(s) you are applying for.